North Tahoe Arts
- Arts, Culture & Entertainment
- Family, Community & Civic Organizations
North Tahoe Arts is a non-profit 501(c)3
The Sierra Artists Network was established in North Tahoe in 1985 as a means for local artists to meet, network and gather together to sell their art. The original group consisted of 7 members including Madeline Bohanan. At that time there was no building, art venues were presented in different sights all around the community. Since then the organization evolved into North Tahoe Arts, becoming a 501(c)3 non-profit in 1990. Our mission is to support the visual arts in the North Tahoe-Truckee communities through exposure, education and participation. We seek to enrich the lives of residents and visitors alike by providing quality visual arts programming to people of all ages and artists of all levels.
In 2015 NTA served over 13,000 people through our eight visual art programs. This total number served includes 250 children through our youth art programs and more than 250 local and regional artists through professional development, mentoring, art sales, artist networking and teaching opportunities.
With only a part-time staff of three, NTA relies heavily on the committed help of our volunteers and the generous support of our members and donors. You can support NTA through membership or donations at anytime. Donations and membership fees directly support all of North Tahoe Arts programs and general operating expenses.
- ARTisan Shop displays work by 26 local artists for sale
- ARTour is North Lake Tahoe's artists studio tour
- North Lake Tahoe Plein Air Open hosts a week-long painting competition for 25 artists
- Kids Art Camp is 3, one-week sessions of art classes for kids every summer
- Kids Art Saturdays are Free on select Saturdays throughout the year
Just east of the light at Hwy 28 & 89 junction (Tahoe City "Y") on Hwy 28 (North Lake Blvd.) on the lake side of the highway